2018 Al-Sumait Prize
The Prize is worth 1 Million US Dollars.
The prize is to be awarded to individuals or institutions who through their research projects or initiatives have made significant advancement within one or more of the following areas of Health on the African Continent:
- Combating diseases prevalent in Africa.
- Provision of medical staff for the national health care systems (physicians, paramedics and nursing), medicine, pharmaceutical and medical equipment.
- National capacity building, in medical research, national medical education and medical staff.
- Upgrading and maintenance of national medical facilities.
- Developing national health policies and successful implementation of the outcomes.