Division name: Human Genetics and Genome Research
Vision: To be the largest Centre for Human Genetics and Genome Research in Egypt, Middle East and Africa with international standard.
Mission: Conduct high level of research in the field of human genome and interest in applied projects that serve the state and help them solve urgent problems in the field of genetic diseases spread and the work of future plans to improve the health of the Egyptian citizen through the preparation of specialized research staff.
- Reduce the spread of genetic diseases and its associated disabilities, through constantly updating diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive services.
- Determine the prevalence and types of genetic diseases and their geographical distribution in Egypt.
- Promote and upgrade the infrastructure of the Division and the refinement and development of researchers and the administrative.
- Integrate and strengthen the partnership between the Division and the health and research bodies nationally and internationally.
- To contribute for raising awareness and community education in the field of human genetics and genetic medicine.
- Clinical Genetics
- Prenatal Diagnosis and Fetal Medicine
- Oro-Dental Genetics
- Human Cytogenetics
- Biochemical Genetics
- Medical Molecular Genetics
- Molecular Genetics and Enzymology
- Medical Services Unit
- Centre of Excellence for Medical Genetics
- Limb and Bone malformations
- Neurogenetic disorders
- Inherited blood disorders
- Genetic Endocrinology and growth disorders
- Cleft lip and Palate
- Oro-Dental Genetic disorders
- Fetal medicine
- Prenatal Diagnosis
- Congenital Heart Diseases
- Inherited Developemental delay and Intervention
- Cytogenetics Lab
- Biochemical Genetics Lab
- Molecular Genetics Lab
- Immunogenetics Lab