Division name: Environmental Research Division
Vision: Ambition that the division becomes a lighthouse for knowledge and the first reference to scientific researches in the system of environmental protection to meet the environmental challenges and technological development for economic acceptable solutions in Egypt, the Middle East and Africa.
Mission: The division is directing the scientific researches in the field of environment to contribute with the development of Egypt in the ranks of the developed countries through scientific research directed toward applied solutions to ensure sustainable development and preservation of environment and human health. In addition to prepare distinguished research staff and stimulating technological innovation to preserve environment and face environmental challenges.
- Scientific and intellectual integrated in the scientific and research fields in the field of environmental research and human health in accordance with the specifications and international environmental standards developed for the employees of the Division.
- Scientific research Employed to contribute to the development of scientific and economic solutions that are environment-friendly and appropriate to the societal needs to meet the challenges.
- Communicate and encourage the development of innovative ideas of global importance for environment, water, air, environmental health, natural resources, climate change, development and use of renewable energy from natural resources and proper management for liquid and solid wastes.
- Provide a research environment conducive to the application of new technologies in environmental research.
- To improve the level of research performance to contribute the services for the community and environment and to achieve global leadership.
- Integrating and strengthening the collaborations between the Division and the other divisions in NRC, the community and the industrial sectors, as well as global partnership and international cooperation.
- Promote selected researches with the integration of environmental disciplines that help innovation and excellence.
- Maximize the production of creative and applied researches that contributes the development of sustainable economic environment.
- Dissemination of environmental and health culture in different societies and strengthening them in research fields.
– Water Research Department
– Air Research Department
– Environmental and Occupational Medicine Department
– Water and wastewater management:
- Consulting service for virus and bioassays unit
- Integrated management of domestic and industrial wastewater &sludge
- Domain of: Wastewater and environment studies
- Environmental consultation and water quality unit
- Environment and solar energy for integrated consultancy (ICESE)
- Evaluation and remedation of hazardous industrial wastes
- Evaluation of solid and hazardous wastes
- Biological evaluation of aquatic biota
– Air Pollution management:
- Air quality improvement research unit
- Consultant unit for evaluation of air-environment quality
- Air protection from pollution unit
– Environmental & Occupational Medicine:
- Occupational Medicinal Diseases (Industrial Medicine)
- Smoking Cessation Clinic
- Environmental Toxicology
- Occupational health consultancy and human resource development