The Committee was established on 25/02/2003.
- NRC is one of the few research bodies in Egypt which since 2003 has a well-structured system for medical research ethics by establishing the Medical REC of the NRC which meets regularly, once per month, reviews over 130 medical research proposals/year.
- NRC has an office and a library for medical research ethics.
Aim of the Committee:
- Reviewing the medical research studies in NRC aiming to protect participants in these studies.
- Helping the researchers in NRC to conduct good research with all the ethical requirements.
- Assisting education and awareness of ethics between researchers in the NRC by organizing conferences, workshops and training courses.
- Cooperation with different Ethics committees in different Universities and Research Centers in Egypt and Arab Countries for exchanging experience.
Telephone: (+202) 33371362/433/615/933/449